About Kristen, Kelowna Brand PhotographerI help female entrepreneurs just like you feel confident on camera with a really fun, photoshoot experience that will leave you feeling beautiful with images of yourself that you'll LOVE and can't wait to share with the world!
Hi, I’m Kristen, Kelowna's personal brand photographer.
Before pivoting into personal brand photography I was a freelance graphic and brand designer for 15 years which gives me a unique perspective into creating images that you need for the purpose of marketing your business. I create images that capture the essence of your brand and still leave room for your message to shine.
As a brand photographer I had NO photos of myself.
I know how it feels when you're ready to show up in a big way as the face of your brand BUT you’re not comfortable being in front of a camera, and you probably don’t like how you look in your photos. That was me when I first started StoryCatcher Photography.
I had one photo of myself that I liked and I used it for everything. (no it didn't have a cocktail cropped out!). I knew that it was time to face my fear and hire a photographer so I found a local photographer whose style I loved and that resonated with my brand.
On shoot day I was (mom's spaghetti) nervous but gathered my girlfriends, my props, my outfits and the photographer and we had so much fun! I completely forgot (mostly) that I was in front of the camera. It was an eye opening experience and helped me better understand my client’s fears and how I can help them feel confident on camera too!
- When I’m taking photos of you feeling good, it makes the people who look at your photos feel good, too!
- In straight talk, strong drinks, short emails, intuition and the Universe.
- Every client is unique, and as you can see from my portfolio, I take great care to ensure my work reflects this.
- There is enough abundance in the universe for everyone.
- Everyone is photogenic.
- Collaboration and building lasting relationships are the foundation of any successful business.
- Attention to small details can make a big impact.
- Every great photo begins with an even better story, I look forward to hearing yours!
- With a positive mental attitude and a good cup of coffee, anything is possible!
- I LOVE vinegar, I put it on everything. I even add EXTRA vinegar to salt & vinegar chips! Yep. Not sorry.
- Peanut butter and chocolate anything is my kryptonite.
- I won a tattoo as a prize in a photography contest (and got my daughter’s name, Maya, tattooed on the inside of my arm!)
- I have watched every single season of Survivor! (I mean, Jeff's dimples, right!)
- Right after high school I went to college for fashion design and discovered that I really, really didn’t like to sew.
- I have never had a cavity or a broken bone.
- I read A LOT. Mostly self-awareness books peppered with a good novel that I can get lost in.
- I put exclamation marks after (almost) everything I write!!
- I LOVE hammocks! I had three hammock “reading stations” set up in the backyard of my last house.
That's just pure magic!
Brigitta, Food Effects Nutrition
I chose Kristen the moment I spoke to her on the phone, she was so professional, yet laid back, and explained the purpose and how-to of brand photography so clearly, I had complete confidence that she would “get me”. I hate having pictures taken and thought I’d be self-conscious, but the day of the shoot I felt like it was just her and I, no one else around. We were just having fun, while she was capturing fantastic images that represented my heart and soul. When I received my images, I was blown away – the woman in the pictures looked how I FEEL. That’s just pure magic.