About Kristen, Kelowna Brand PhotographerDoes your visual image show you at your best, doing what you do best? Does it make your audience feel confident that you can help them solve their problem? Personality infused brand photos help you convey all of that to prospective clients!
Do you break out in a sweat every time you think about getting in front of a camera?
You know you need to start “showing up” online, but whenever you go to post a photo of yourself, the negative self-talk creeps in…
“Who am I to be the face of my brand? I’m not pretty enough, young enough, slim enough, outgoing enough, smart enough, exciting enough”? Besides getting in front of a camera is awkward. And stressful.
It doesn’t have to be this hard.
When you invest in brand photography, you’ll feel excited about building your brand online. And with the right photos, you’ll start attracting more of the right clients!
Hi, I’m Kristen, Kelowna's brand photographer (and your new biggest fan!)
I'm all about empowering women to tap into their inner-confidence so that they can take the next steps in growing their business online.
When I started StoryCatcher Photography, I felt ready to be the face of my brand, but I only had one photo of myself that I liked… and I used it for everything.
But I wasn't going to let the nerves of being in front of a camera get the best of me. So I finally faced my fear, and something magical happened. With new photos that reflected my authentic self, I started attracting more of my ideal clients.
When you know, you know
I’ve loved photography for as long as I can remember, but I didn’t think I could turn my passion into a full-fledged career. Over 15 years, I built a successful graphic design business, and I never lost sight of the need to continue developing my photography skills.
When I took an advanced photography workshop to help hone my camera skills, I was lucky enough to find a mentor who believed in me and gave me the confidence to pursue my dream of becoming a full-time brand photographer.
I understand exactly how my clients feel about getting in front of the camera, which is why I focus on creating a fun and stress-free photoshoot experience. You can crack jokes, relax, have a glass of wine, and be yourself. One of the reasons my clients love working with me is because we have so much fun throughout the whole process.
My background in graphic design gives me a unique perspective on creating beautiful and intentional images for your business. It’s not just about capturing you in an authentic moment; the magic is in holding space for you to re-create that moment again and again.
I approach brand photography as an element of self-care, which is why I go to great lengths to make sure you feel taken care of and pampered on the day of your photoshoot.
Have questions about what the right brand photography can do for you?
- Everyone is photogenic.
- When I’m taking photos of you feeling good, it makes the people who look at your photos feel good, too!
- Every client is unique, and I take great care to capture what makes you, YOU!
- Collaboration over competition.
- Attention to small details can make a big impact.
- Every great photo begins with an even better story, I look forward to hearing yours!
- When you act with intention, you create the business you envision.
- With a positive attitude and a good cup of coffee, anything is possible!
- Capturing those in between moments (when your guard is down and you don't think I'm taking your photo!).
- Vinegar… (So much that I add EXTRA vinegar to S&V flavoured chips).
- Peanut butter and chocolate anything.
- My arm tattoo of my daughter’s name, Maya (I won it as a prize in a photography contest!).
- Survivor… I’ve watched every season. Aren’t Jeff's dimples dreamy!
- Books on self-awareness and novels that I can get lost in.
- My backyard hammock “reading stations”.
- Using exclamation marks!!
Brand photos that represent my heart and soul!
Brigitta, Food Effects Nutrition
I chose Kristen the moment I spoke to her on the phone, she was so professional, yet laid back, and explained the purpose and how-to of brand photography so clearly, I had complete confidence that she would “get me”. I hate having pictures taken and thought I’d be self-conscious, but the day of the shoot I felt like it was just her and I, no one else around. We were just having fun, while she was capturing fantastic images that represented my heart and soul. When I received my images, I was blown away – the woman in the pictures looked how I FEEL. That’s just pure magic.